The Texas State Affordable Housing Corporation (TSAHC) offers two types of assistance that help individuals and families become homeowners.
Texas Homes for Heroes is a program offered by TSAHC specifically for Public School Teachers, Corrections Officers EMS Personnel, Fire Fighters, Police Officers, School Librarians, School Counselors, School Nurses, and Veterans/Active Military.
You do not need to be a first-time home buyer to use a Down Payment Assistance (DPA) program. You can use a DPA program to purchase a home, even if you’ve been a homeowner before.
Is your credit score 620 or higher?
Fixed Rate Loans with DPA
- Several rate, loan and DPA options available
- DPA can be up to 5% of the total loan amount
Mortgage Credit Certificates
- A special tax credit that reduces your federal income taxes every year
- For first-time buyers (those who have not owned a home in the last 3 years)
- Can be used with TSAHC’s DPA
- FREE for Texas Heroes also using TSAHC’s DPA (a $500 savings!)